From May 14th until the 17th, we will be present at the biannual Techtextil trade fair in Frankfurt, Germany. This is the leading international trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens where Sioen has been exhibiting since the very beginning. The fair is an important meeting point with our customers.
10 Sioen core competences
At our main booths in hall 3.1 and at our booth in hall 4.1, we will be showcasing our 10 core capabilities in the domain of technical textiles. You can recognise our booths by the distinct corporate colours both on the ceiling, walls and floors. Our 10 core competences in the domain of technical textiles include the production of:
1. Yarns- Siofil: Tailor-made polyester high-tenacity yarns. The yarns can be supplied untwisted, twisted and plied with yarn counts from 245dTex up to 150.000 dTex. We also offer yarns with special properties such as adhesion activation, flame retardant, spun-dyed, … Hall 4.1. stand G13
2. Woven fabrics – Sioen weaving, Dimension Polyant, James dewhurst: High performance woven technical textiles in a wide range of raw materials such as polyester, polyamide, para-aramid, meta- aramid, polypropylene, polyethylene, nomex, and others… Monofilaments, multi-filaments as well as spun fibers and adhesion activated yarns. hall 4.1. G13 and hall 3.1. G71 and G62
3. Direct coated textiles – Sioline: Coated technical textiles in mainly Polyester/PVC combinations with a wide variety of varnishes (acrylic, TiO2,...) and embossings (mat, glossy, rice grain, 3D cube, leather look,...). Products are perfectly suited for side curtains, tilts and tarpaulins for trucks, railway wagons and containers, sports mats, swimming pool covers, tensile architecture, tents, publicity banners, biogas installations, flexitanks and many more. Hall 3.1. stand G61
4. Multiaxial fabrics- Dynatex: Multi-axial PVC coated reinforcement composites for truck side curtains, truck roofs, train curtains, explosion barriers and other tailored applications.
5. Scrims – Veranneman technical textiles en James dewhurst: Tailored technical scrim solutions for various applications such as roof reinforcements, geogrids, swimming pool covers, flooring, carbon reinforcement, windbreak nets, façade cladding and filters. Woven, laid and coated varieties. Hall 3.1. stand G6
6. Nonwovens – Manifattura Fontana en Sioen technical felt: Synthetic geotextile non-wovens for the civil engineering market, filters, sewer renovation, mattress and bedding, automotive, thermal and insulation, anti-condensation and construction. Tailored solutions according to the specs of the customers. Circular low-impact production of both fibres and nonwovens. Hall 3.1. stand G72
7. Stretch fabrics – Sioen Fabrics: Stretchable technical textiles for protective clothing, shoe protectors, mattress protectors, airbags, furniture, tents and outdoor applications amongst others. Hall 3.1. stand G71
8. Films & sheets – Sioen Calendering en Plastylon: TPO and PVC films and sheets for dashboards, door panels, sun visors, wall covering, pond liners and packaging a.o. Our products are mainly tailor-made, according to the specs of the customer. Hall 3.1. stand G71
9. Keders – Coatex: Tailor-made keders: single, double, flat, double core, for publicity, tensile structures, screens, sails, rolling doors, camping and many more.
10. Cutting solutions – Coatex: All kinds of cutting and complexing, camouflage nets.
112 years of textile tradition
With 112 years of textile tradition, we have more accumulated knowhow in technical textiles than any other player on the market. Our competence includes the entire value chain and we now control the whole industrial chain, from the extrusion of yarns and fibres to (coated) technical textiles. Advantages are:
• Quality assurance – By creating everything in-house, we guarantee that our products are made with state-of-the-art machinery and meet the highest standards. Whether it be spinning polyester yarns, producing nonwovens, coating woven textiles or even testing the final product, delivering quality is our top priority.
• Tailored solutions – Vertical integration allows us to quickly adapt to specific customer’s wishes. That flexibility to work on demand, without being dependent on other suppliers, is one of the reasons why customers turn to Sioen for smart textile solutions. We think along, lay out the options and deliver.
• Expertise and trust – When our customers excel, we excel. That’s why we want to control the whole manufacturing process. We have the know-how and experience, while we also follow international standards (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
• Product differentiation – We design, engineer, produce and test a prolific and wide range of products.
Customer centricity, welcome to our stand
Our customers are never alone in the driving seat. Our multidisciplinary team of experts are always by their sides. Part of our customer-centric approach is to apply our wide-ranging expertise to answer even the unexpressed needs and wishes of customers.
For our customers, we’re all going the extra mile. At Sioen, customer centricity is a full-time job, but our versatility also offers a definite competitive edge. Working for users in different markets, our sales team, engineers, product developers' marketeers and 205-headed R&D department are ideally placed to handle every request with a multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral approach. At Techtextil you’ll meet the Sioen family: a team of 70 dedicated professionals, each master in their own field.
We will be glad to welcome you at our stands. You’ll meet our experts, see our products, discover our innovations and taste the Belgian top quality we stand for. You can take the word “taste” very literally: we’ll serve Belgian beer, Belgian chocolate, Belgian water and Brussels waffles. Looking forward to meeting you!
Visit us: Hall 3.1. stands G61, G62, G71 and G72 and Hall 4.1. stand G 13